Studies consistently demonstrate acupuncture’s benefit for a range of fertility-related issues. In one landmark study, pregnancy rates were 43% with acupuncture and 26% without it.
1. Improves ovarian response – better egg production.
2. Increases ovarian and uterine blood flow – better ovarian response.
3. Helps prepare the uterine lining – increased implantation rates.
4. Improves sperm count, motility, and morphology.
5. Lessens the side effects of hormone treatments.
6. Regulates hormones of the hypothalamus, pituitary, and gonads.
7. Decreases reproductive immunologic reactions.
8. Decreases uterine contractility at implantation.
9. Resolves stress to promote relaxation.
10. Reduces the incidence of miscarriage.
Chinese medical therapies consist of acupuncture, herbal medicine (with your doctor’s concurrence), nutritional and dietary modifications, and exercises to increase pelvic circulation.